When you first opened your business, you may have been excited to have a website for your customers to find you. However, you might be noticing that your site doesn’t generate as many new customers as you expected. This can happen for a number of reasons, but it’s important to keep these in mind in order to maintain the online visibility of your business and improve its online presence. Online visibility is a key part of your marketing strategy. Below are five tips that will help keep your website visible on the web.
1. Mobile friendly or Mobile-optimized
Having a mobile-friendly site is key to moving up the search engine rankings. But, is just having a mobilized site going to get you to the finish line? Not really… Customers get to your site and find your site mobile but is it just mobilized or is it mobile-friendly. There is a huge difference. Mobilized is a term that your site fits within the frame of a phone and text doesn’t bleed outside of the viewable frame. Now here is the Mobile-Friendly checkup.
- Fonts are legible
- The menu is easy to navigate
- Contact form is easy to find and fill out
- Call-to-Actions can be found easily
- Links are titled properly
- Site loads fast
- Images are optimized
2. Fresh content strategy
Having fresh content helps build your business as an authority and a thought leader. Becoming a thought leader is a great way to establish yourself as a place to get relative information about your industry. This also helps in optimizing your site for Search Engines.
- Creating content weekly or monthly on a set basis
- Uploading videos about your industry
- Creating Skyscraper content will show you as relative to what the market is talking about
3. Maintain Your Online Presence
Maintaining your online presence is just as important as attracting new customers. Start by implementing these five tips into your current strategy and reap benefits immediately.
- Pay attention to details. Check that you’re responding quickly to any comments, questions, or concerns people have on social media. You want people who engage with you on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram are responded to within an hour of posting. If they’re interested in what you’re doing and take time out of their day to visit your business page, it’s only fair that you give them an immediate response when they reach out.
- Generate quality content that educates and informs viewers without being pushy about your products or services.
- Clearly express your email address on all websites so that people can easily subscribe to your emails.
- Update both old and new content at least once every two weeks.
- Use captivating images to make browsing fun for everyone involved!
4. Using Email as a marketing tool
You are more likely to acquire new customers through engaging email marketing campaigns. Email can be the best way to reach an audience fast with newsletters, blog posts, or just industry news. Email marketing is the best tool for E-commerce as it allows you to share new products and or promotions. Depending on your Email software it also allows you to follow engagements by your customers by seeing who opens your emails and clicks the link.
5. The SEO checkup
Just like a doctor visit, its important to review your SEO regularly. The best tool to do this with is Google Analytics. Google Analytics allows you to monitor the health of your site by how often viewers are visiting it. Understanding GA can be a bit cumbersome but it is a topic I plan to create a video about in order to get the basics.
Here are some items to monitor
- Low engagement
- Bounce rate
- Pages with no interaction
- Device usage